“Creativity is a life-force energy that flows like a river through each of us. Dam it up and we become physically ill, blocked and physically stressed” Rogers (1993)
Creative activities are important for our health and well-being. They can help us build our self esteem, provide motivation and hope and help us to problem solve some of life’s difficulties.
Creative activities provide opportunities to learn vital skills needed for employment such as persistence, making decisions, following rules and working within a group environment (Tubbs & Drake, 2012).
In My Potential’s Creative Art group you will learn and explore many skills needed for daily living. You do not need to be “artistically talented” or “creative”. But you will learn:
- Develop your social network
- Explore alternative ways for expressing emotions
- Build your sense of identity
- Exploring sensory soothing strategies
- Explore alternative methods for connecting with our selves through objects, materials and movement
- Explore ways to communicate our needs to other
- Develop skills in supporting yourself as an artist e.g. creating an Etsy store, how to manage this, sell items, present items at markets and galleries.
Duration: Weekly 2 hours
Cost: $45 (all materials supplied)
Starting date: 2nd December
Occupational therapy is covered by some private health insurance companies.
Want to learn more?