My Potential was developed after Laura’s experience of being a health professional with a diagnosis of BPD. During my journey through the health care system, I recognised the unmet needs, the poor treatment and stigma people with BPD experience.
My Potential was developed so that we could support consumers, assist therapists and help the community to learn more about living with a mental health condition.
Manager and Founder
Laura is an extremely passionate Occupational Therapists, Educator and Researcher. Laura is completing her Doctorate studies in the use of creative arts and mental health.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Trauma and its impact on the body
- Partnering with Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety and Depression
- Facilitating groups
- Creating safe spaces for people to feel comfortable
- Completing training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Understanding of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness and the Creative Arts
- Advocating for the needs and rights of people with a mental illness.
- However, my greatest knowledge is my
Lived experience of mental illness including the challenges, stigma, and pain this can bring.
Laura is also available to offer lectures and workshops to professional and general audiences on topics including: