This program is built upon current evidence and the lived experiences of people with a diagnosis of BPD. ‘Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder Foundations’ is the first course in the modules. It provides a foundation towards understanding and exploring what is Borderline Personality Disorder.
- What is BPD?
- What treatment options are available?
- Is recovery possible?
- I don’t understand what BPD is?
- How can I live with this condition?
- How can I find hope?
- Why does my body react this way?
- Why is life so hard for me?
This course was developed by Laura Thyer who has a diagnosis of BPD. Through research and lived experience, this module would be beneficial for anyone new to a diagnosis of BPD and is findings themselves feeling confused and overwhelmed.
- Recovery Framework
- Occupation based interventions
- Creative arts and activities
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Skills
- Sensory Integration
- Goal setting approaches
Duration: 6 Weeks
Period: Tuesday 4th May; 11th May; 18th May, 25th May; 1st June; 8th June
Time: 11:00 – 12:30 (1.5 hours)
NDIS: Yes for Plan and Self-Managed All materials provided, light refreshments provided.
*check your private health insurance for cover of occupational therapy