The Lived Experience Occupational Therapy Conference
A conference showcasing the expertise and unique perspective of Occupational Therapists who have a lived experience of a disability, injury, illness, impairment or an experience of inequality.
Conference Dates 1st, 2nd, 3rd December 2021
Cut off Date for presenters to submit their presentation proposal – 1st September
The Lived Experience Occupational Therapy Teleconference is a conference that will focus on the value of supporting people with all types of experience.
We believe that people all of us hold a narrative that can be used creatively to support our clients. We invite you to share and be involved in sharing your lived experience. Presenters are both consumers, educators, researchers and professionals within Occupational Therapy and other Allied Health Disciplines.
Presenters include those with:
- A direct lived experience of an illness, injury and/or disability experience.
- Those that have experienced social injustice
- Those who are passionate about co-design
- Educators and researchers
- Consumers and Activists
- Learn to cultivate your own lived experience into your practice
- Learn to appreciate your own narrative
- Become more knowledgeable on working with a range of experiences
- Learn how to incorporate and harness the lived experience of other
- Deeper your passion for client-centred practice
- Support professionals who are advocating on your behalf.
We believe there is no better way to learn than from someone who has both studied and applied Occupational Therapy to their life.
It is anticipated that this event will lead to improved client-centred and evidence-based treatment for our communities.
Be ready to be amazed by the incredible and inspiring journey’s that this conference will share!
If you would like to be informed of updated please email email@example.com to share your interest In attending or presenting!
We hope to see you there!
- To empower Occupational Therapists to incorporate the lived experience knowledge and experience into their practice.
- To validate and acknowledge those who are occupational therapists managing the challenges of a health condition.
- To build the lived experience occupational therapy workforce
- To be innovating and creative in empowering the Occupational Therapy profession to be evidenced and client focused.
Become a Presenter
Please complete the form below or contact us for more information.
Need help writing your presentation proposal?
Watch the instructional video for assistance with submitting your presentation proposal
The first 20 presentations approved will be sponsored by My Potential
Social Media Content
My Potential is excited to announce our Lived Experience Occupational Therapist speaker Keir Harding speaking on Polands Syndrome and Social Anxiety Bachelor of Science (Psychology, Honours)Master of Occupational Therapy Presentation This presentation will explore the lived experience of polands syndrome and social anxiety with particular reference to schooling, OT training and early career experiences. AContinue reading “Keir Harding”
My Potential is excited to announce our Lived Experience Occupational Therapist speaker Rebecca Rae-Hodgson Bachelor of Science (Psychology, Honours)Master of Occupational Therapy Title: Untangling the Complex Web: Balancing Self-Care, Productivity and Leisure with Borderline Personality Disorder, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/CFS and Fibromyalgia Aim: To give people an understanding of the complexity of living with multiple conditions andContinue reading “Rabecca Rae-Hodgson”
Occupational Therapist MS in Occupational Therapy Ph.D. in Occupational Therapy (in progress) – Contributing Faculty at the University of St. Augustine, Health SciencesDirector/Owner of Bravo Centre Occupational Therapy in Oncology: Enhancing Occupational Performance and Quality of Life Across the Cancer Care Continuum Learning Objectives: To understand the physical, psychosocial, and cognitive impact of cancer and its treatmentContinue reading “Vanessa Yanez”