Journeying, Growing and Learning Together
My Potential is mental health service dedicated to empowering adults with a mental health condition to reach their occupational dreams, goals and Potential. We provide evidence-based, high-quality mental health support and occupational therapy services. We are especially interested in providing support for people with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder.
Our program empowers individuals to develop their capacity to live an independent life. Our service focuses on empowering you to feel connected and build the life skills needed to live a meaningful life.
These are facilitated by health care providers who have a mental health experience. One of our programs is our Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) skills group.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
DBT is recognised as the gold standard treatment for Borderline Personality Treatment. Our DBT skills groups will help you learn skills to build a life worth living. Topics include:
– Mindfulness: How to find inner peace and make wise decisions
– Emotional regulation: How to identify and manage our emotions
– Managing stress: Strategies to cope in stressful situations
– Interpersonal effectiveness: How to be effective in communicating our needs.
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapists are health care providers focused on supporting people to participate in their valued daily activities or occupations. This is anything and everything that you do in your daily life that helps you live, and gives your life purpose including: self care (e.g. dressing, toileting and showering), enjoying your life (leisure e.g. play and recreation activities), and productivity e.g. employment, volunteering or student roles.
- Running group therapy workshops such as managing stress, acceptance and commitment therapy and cooking classes
- Working alongside your life goals, dreams and projects
- Supporting you with budgeting and money management
- Supporting you in creating a healthy sleep environment that reduces sensory sensitivities
- Using the creative arts to help build self-esteem and explore your self-identity
- Working with you to explore your sensory needs and sensitivities to reduce feeling overwhelmed in different environments
- Empowering you to build and maintain your daily routines
- Supporting you in finding study, employment or volunteering opportunities
- Encouraging you to use occupations to release and manage difficult emotions
- And building your confidence to continue living and flourishing in your life.
Contact My Potential Today
0403 163 339
Grow Alongside Us
- DBT Skill Opposite ActionThe DBT skill of Opposite Action for a Low Mood As part of the DBT recovery skill group, we will be learning skills such as ‘opposite action’ to help with coping with our emotions. This weekend I was feeling veryContinue reading “DBT Skill Opposite Action”
- DBT Recovery GroupAre you struggling with participating in your normal daily activities. Do you need a supportive group to help and encourage you manage your mental and physical health? If this sounds like what you need, please contact Laura@my-potential.com
- Valuable Links